Thursday 6 August 2015

Wonder narrative

THE HAIR CURLER

I wake up. Yellow sunlight streamed down onto my face. My saggy eyeballs hurt in the sudden light. I sit up. My bones creak. I glance at my clock. Huh. Weird. Daisy, my dog , usually wakes me up before 8:30, but today she is nowhere to be seen. Wait a minute. What's that rumbling sound? I poke my head under the bed and find Daisy. She is surrounded with dust and mothballs. Snoring. I suddenly realise that Daisy wasn't responsible for the snoring that was my tummy I'm starving. I grab my astronaut helmet and head out of my bedroom. I'm too hungry to get dressed out of my pyjamas.

Something smells nice in the kitchen. Hopefully it's waffles. I love waffles. I stride into the kitchen. It's empty and dark. So much for waffles. I got the Nutri grain and milk and sat down at the table. I had to eat the Nutri grain one at a time because of my clef palate. The Nutri grain was flavourless and watery. By the time I was half way through it was soggy. One of the hundred reasons why I love having a unique face. Not.

Mum crashes into into the room. "AUGGY! " she shrieked. "I completely forgot! You have a face appointment! Why aren't you dressed? Auggy, WHY AREN'T YOU DRESSED? You're are supposed to get out of your pyjamas before 7: 55!" Mum was going red like a bull at a rodeo. She still had her hair curlers on. "It's not my fault mum!" I protested. "Daisy didn't wake me up!" Uh-oh. I shouldn't of said that. "THATS WHY DAD AND I BOUGHT YOU AN ALARM CLOCK!" Mum was the same colour as my magenta pillow case now. I decide to get dressed.

Mum toots our shiny silver car when I get out of the front door. I get into the car. We start to drive to the doctors. When mum speaks, "Auggy... I gotta go to the gas station. Wait in here, okay?" I nod. I don't think she saw me under the astronaut helmet but I don't really feel like talking right now. I always get nervous before my appointments. Mum understands. She gets out of the car to fill


1 comment:

  1. From this small piece of writing I can tell this is an amazing narrative!

    ReplyDelete